Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What I said, What I say now:

I know I said before that I disliked Romeo and Juliet strongly, almost in the same way I dislike chick flicks at times, but overall I am still a very sappy person.

So that one line in Romeo and Juliet always gets me...

Just like that soulful look the male protagonist sends that female heroine in Romantic Comedies...

Or that heart wrenching moment where the heroine thinks the one she loves doesn't care for her. Oh, those Sweet! Pangs! Pulling at our heartstrings!

So that one line Romeo sends out to the fates always makes me feel all quivery and sweet:

"Then I defy you, stars."

(!!!)

I love how Romeo says this in the face of reality, where he realizes that He and Juliet are star-crossed lovers who are pitted against odds, fate and destiny--yet he defies all these forces for her! Too sweet! So sweet that I can almost forgive them for their stupidity, almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment