Friday, January 1, 2010

It's Complicated

So today with almost nothing to do, me and my sister decided to do our hair. We dressed up in our new clothes and did our make-up nicely. However, we had no where to go.

I was suddenly sad because I spent all that time, money and effort in my looks. literally, money. Money on my face. Make-up money. Sometimes being a girl takes too much work.

So I was pretty adamant that we go out today, even just for a movie. My sister thought it was lame for her to go out with just me, but I have no shame. And I love movies.

We decided to watch "It's Complicated". Not really my first choice but I've watched everything else that I wanted, it was also a way to tempt and pacify my sister into going out with me since she seemed semi-reluctant.

So what a pleasant surprise to discover what a great movie it was!

I loved the character developments, the family dynamics and the way relationships were examined. The settings were so lovely too! Meryl Streep is also so adorable and lovable in the movie. Her laugh is so genuine and nice. I really wanted to hug her. Hehe.

What a great cast also. This movie was such a heartwarming one. And so funny! I haven't laughed or gasped out loud this way in so long.

The comic situations were set up in a way that audiences expected it, but that definitely didn't take away from the enjoyment of it, in fact it heightened the hilarity of the moment. Oh goodness, what a great movie.

It really leaves me with a really nice feeling after leaving the movie theatre. In fact I really enjoyed all the movies I watched this month. So I'm really happy and satisfied. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment