Monday, March 14, 2011

Drooling Over

I just got a little locket watch from my sister who bought it in Hong Kong. It has an owl face on the front and I love it.


It also reminds me how much I love Steampunk art. Too bad they're usually ridiculously expensive! I'm currently drooling over the hand-crafted keyboards this artist does and I think I'm in love! They're so expensive though and I don't know how comfortable they are. A little voice inside me says it's all worth it for the look.

The artist Richard Nagy does all kind of awesome work. I'm super impressed and it's stumbling on gems like these that make me giddy with joy. I love all his keyboards but just to show an example of what he does I picked the Sojourner keyboard which I think is super spiffy!


The other thing I'm drooling over is the book "Rose Daughter" by Robin McKinley. It's a retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" and I'm a sucker for retellings of fairytales or alternate fairytales. I love them! Anyway, I have a particularly soft spot for anything by Robin McKinley and just found out recently that there is an art book of "Rose Daughter" with the most amazing illustrations. The illustrations are drawn by the artist Anne Bachelier and her work is beautiful! It's whimsical and slightly creepy but so wispy and pretty.


I also want it so bad but it's $200! Way too much. Only if I had a full time job and more money.

*sigh*

but it's still nice to wish for things. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment