Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Japanese Paper Doll Bookmarks

I made a bookmark for my cousin in Hong Kong because I had promised her last summer that I would get a red maple leaf for her during Autumn and I still haven't sent it yet. :(

I procrastinate way too much. Haha!

Anyway, I made her a Japanese paper doll bookmark which I copied from ones I bought at the store One's (confusing wording, lol). It's actually rather simple to make once you look at it, but tedious for me because I'm a really slow worker.

I read somewhere that these bookmarks are given from an older sister to a younger sister to encourage them in their studies which I think is pretty cool since my cousin just graduated last year.

Images!


The far left was made for me from my sister and the two far right are store bought. The differences are pretty notable especially since I didn't have the nice hair tissue paper the store bought ones are made of.

Also, speaking about Japan, I find their spirit commendable! I'm in awe of how tightly bound their culture is and how they can come together as a nation to help each other out. Praying for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment