Wednesday, December 30, 2009

itsy bitsy spider...

Today I stepped on a spider.

Or I think I did.

Anyhow, I looked down to discover this tangle of light yellow string, that on closer inspection allowed me to realize it was a bug!

I stared at it for five seconds. It was a very alarming experience. Then I gargled a yell. You know, one of those yells where they stick to your throat because you so abruptly made a noise that your body wasn't ready for it. Not a pleasant sound.

However, in the midst of my shock and disgust I actually did want to pick it up with tape and stick it in my sketchbook, but that was after my father threw it in the toilet.

Yeah, I don't know what's with my obsession with bugs in my sketchbook either.

They do look very fragile and delicate though, I guess I just want to capture that aspect of them. Their spinal, stringy frame that creates such distaste and fear in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment